Tuesday, March 31, 2009

..I'm having a catharsis..

Back in January I got a call from my mom saying that she was leaving to go to Florida at 11:30 at night. I got really nervous and asked her why in the world she was doing that. She then told me that my grandmother was dying of colon cancer. My mom stayed with her for two weeks and her symptoms hadn't changed a bit. I got another call from my mom saying that she needed me to drive down and help her with my grandmother. The times that I spent with my mom watching her cry repeatedly and morn over my dying grandmother was too much to bare. We cared for her along with my 5 other aunts for two weeks watching her slowly evaporate into nothingness. She hadn't eaten for 19 days and couldn't even take in any water. Her speech had run down into not even being able to say a word. My grandmother passed away on January 26th in the afternoon while my mom and I were changing her clothes. It was a very tragic event for both of us. But the comfort we have is from God knowing that my grandmother is looking down on us from heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment